The official Annecy 2022 feature film selections unveiled
The Annecy 2022 Festival has just unveiled its official selection of feature films in competition for the 46th edition, which takes place from June 13 to 18. The announcement was made by director Mickaël Marin and artistic director Marcel Jean.
Of the approximately 100 feature films submitted, 10 feature films will be part of the official race. The selections are:
- Charlotteby Eric Warin, Tahir Rana – Production: January Films, Walking the Dog – WTD, Les Productions Balthazar (Belgium, Canada, France)
- Goodbye, DonGlees! by Atsuko Ishizuka – Production: Kadokawa Pictures (Japan)
- Forbidden to dogs and Italiansby Alain Ughetto – Production: Les Films Du Tambour De Soie (France, Italy)
- Little Nicolas – Happy as can be by Amandine Fredon, Benjamin Massoubre – Production: Bidibul Productions, Onyx Films (France, Luxembourg)
- The house of the lost on the cape (Misaki no Mayoiga), by Shinya Kawatsura – Production: David Production (Japan)
- My love affair with marriageby Signe Baumane – Production: The Marriage Project, Locomotive Production, Antevita Films (USA, Latvia, Luxembourg)
- Nayolaby José Miguel Ribeiro – Production: Praça Filmes (Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, France)
- Blind willows, sleeping womanby Pierre Foldes – Production: Miyu Productions, Cinéma Defacto (France, Luxembourg, Canada)
- The Islandby Anca Damian – Production: Aparte Film (Romania, France, Belgium)
- Unicorn Warsby Alberto Vazquez – Production: Abano Producións, Uniko Estudio Creativo, Autour De Minuit, Schmuby Productions (Spain, France)
Find out more about the feature films in official competition here.
The 10 feature films in competition in the Contrechamp category are:
- Aurora sunrise, by Inna Sahakyan – Production: Gebrüder Beetz Filmproduktion, Bars Media, Artbox Laisvalaikio Klubas, VS! (Germany, Armenia, Lithuania)
- Home is somewhere elseby Carlos Hagerman, Jorge Villalobos – Production: Brinca Animation Studio, Shine Global (USA, Mexico)
- Khamsa – The well of oblivionby Khaled Chiheb – Production: D-CLIK (Algeria)
- The other form (The other form), by Diego Guzman – Production: Hierro Animación, Smith & Smith (Colombia)
- My Grandfather’s Demons (Os demónios do meu avô), by Nuno Beato – Production: Sardinha Em Lata, Marmitafilms, Caretos Film (Spain, France, Portugal)
- Dozens of Nords (Ikuta no Kita), by Koji Yamamura – Production: Yamamura Animation, Miyu Productions (France, Japan)
- Quantum Cowboysby Geoff Marslett – Production: Fit Via Vi (USA)
- Silver bird and rainbow fishby Lei Lei – Production: C Ray Studio, Chinese Shadows (USA, Netherlands)
- Chun Tae-il: a living flame (Tae-il-i), by Jun-Pyo Hong Production: Myung Films (South Korea)
- Yaya and Lennie – Walking Freedomby Alessandro RAK – Production: Mad Entertainment Spa (Italy)
Find out more about Contrechamp Feature Films in Competition here.
Other announcements and reminders:
First images shown at the festival:
- Spider-Man: Through the Spider-Verse (Part One), directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers and Justin K. Thompson
- Puss in Boots: The Last Wish(DreamWorks, directed by Joel Crawford)
- Ernest and Celestine, a trip to Gibberitia (Studio Folivari, directed by Jean-Christophe Roger and Julien Chheng
Feature film screenings:
- Minions: The Rise of Gru – opening movie
- My Father’s Secrets by Vera Belmont
- Light year (Disney and Pixar) – special guests in person director Angus MacLane and producer Galyn Susman.
- The beast from the sea (Netflix) directed by Chris Williams
Walt Disney Animation Studios presents:
- strange world – looking forward
Presentation of the Crystal of Honor of Annecy to:
- Creative Director of Walt Disney Animation Studios and Oscar-winning director/writer of Frozen and Frozen 2 Jennifer Lee.
Check out the full list of screening events here.
Source: Annecy 2022
Debbie Diamond Sarto is associate editor at Animation World Network.